|Location :||Banda Aceh, INDONESIA|
|Application Deadline :||18-Sep-10|
|Type of Contract :||FTA Local|
|Post Level :||GS-7|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||12 months|
UNDP Indonesia's mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders. We work in four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Pro-Poor Policy Reforms, Conflict Prevention and Recovery, and Environment Management, with the overarching aim of reducing poverty in Indonesia. Besides the four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia is also engaged in a variety of crosscutting initiatives focused on HIV/AIDS, gender equality, and information and technology for development.
Duties and Responsibilities
I. Organizational Context
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the Finance Associate provides leadership in execution of financial services in the Sub Office (SO) ensuring effective and transparent utilization of financial resources and integrity of financial services. The Finance Associate promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
Descriptionn of Responsibilities :
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Ensures administration and implementation of operational strategies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
2. Ensures administration of budgets and functioning of the optimal cost-recovery system focusing on achievement of the following results:
3. Provides accounting and administrative support to the Finance Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
4. Ensures proper SO cash management functioning focusing on achievement of the following results:
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the SO focusing on achievement of the following results:
III. Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall SO efficiency in financial resources management and success in implementation of operational strategies. Accurate analysis and presentation of financial information enhances UNDP credibility in use of financial resources and proper financial process management. The information provided facilitates decision making of the management.
Knowledge Management and Learning
Development and Operational Effectiveness
Leadership and Self-Management
UNDP Accounting and Finance Training and certification
Required Skills and Experience
V. Recruitment Qualifications
Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
ALL APPLICANT MUST COMPLETE P11 FORM AND SUBMIT AS PART OF THEIR APPLICATION . Click here to down load the form P11