PROJECT COORDINATOR OUTPUT 3 (INSTITUTIONAL CAPACITY FOR KNOWLEDGE RETENTION, MANAGEMENT AND TRANSFER) (FOR INDONESIAN NATINALITY ONLY)
|Location :||Banda Aceh, INDONESIA|
|Application Deadline :||17-Aug-11|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SC-8|
|Languages Required :
|Duration of Initial Contract :||9 months|
UNDP Indonesia's mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders. We work in four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Regional Development and Poverty Reduction, Conflict Prevention and Recovery, and Environment and Energy Management, with the overarching aim of improving human development in Indonesia. In addition to the four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia also works on a variety of crosscutting initiatives such as HIV/AIDS, gender equality and information and communication technology for development
I. Organizational Context
The Aceh Government Transformation Programme (AGTP) addresses the urgent need to strengthen the capacity of Aceh’s provincial government and ensure that it has the wherewithal to efficiently assume the responsibilities, functions, resources and assets it has inherited from the Aceh and Nias Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Body (BRR).
AGTP is designed to address critical gaps in the Aceh government’s policy-making and technical capacity. The first gap lies in the Executive’s capacity to coordinate the transition. The second gap lies in the technical capacity of the provincial and district government agencies to process assets and projects transferred from BRR, and to implement ongoing recovery work. The third gap is the administration’s broader institutional capacity to coordinate and implement reconstruction and rehabilitation work beyond the transition.
The project has three outputs:
(1) Enhanced capacity of the Provincial Executive to create the institutional and policy framework for successful transition and recovery. This will provide the Provincial Executive with the ability to coordinate and facilitate the transition through a demand-driven approach to key transition policy areas. This output is based in the Governor’s office.
(2) Enhanced operational capacity of key provincial government agencies (SKPA, Satuan Kerja Perangkat Daerah-Aceh) to effectively fulfill their transition and recovery responsibilities. This will provide immediate transitional support to the provincial agencies with the responsibilities for coordinating, planning, implementing and monitoring the main transition activities. This output is based in BKPP.
(3) Enhanced capacity of the Provincial Training & Human Resource Body (BKPP) to retain, manage and transfer to provincial and district government agencies the knowledge and skills required for successful transition and sustainable recovery. This will strengthen the province’s ability to sustain the recovery, and thereby safeguard the legacy of the resources and effort invested in Aceh’s social and physical reconstruction. This output is based in BKPP.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of National Programme Manager of Aceh Government Transformation Programme, the Output Coordinator (Institutional Capacity for Knowledge Retention, Management and Transfer) will be responsible to ensure timely implementation of activities of output 3.
S/he will serve the Project as the focal point for planning, monitoring and evaluation to ensure the responsibility for the oversight of (a) project implementation of project components; and (b) compliance to government and UNDP policies and procedure. The Output 3 Coordinator will also supervise and lead the Project Assistant.
S/he works in close collaboration with other project components of AGTP, and with the programme staff in the Governance Unit of UNDP Country Office and government officials, technical advisors and experts ensuring successful project implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
II. Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
2. Participates in effective management of the AGTP programme and supervision of the Programme team within the practice area specialization assigned focusing on quality control from formulation to implementation of the country programme achieving the following results:
3. Supports creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy focusing on achievement of the following results:
4. Provides top quality advisory services to the Government and ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
III. Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency and effectiveness AGTP project Management, particularly in the delivery of Output 3 (Strengthened institutional capacity for sustainable knowledge retention, management and transfer). Project implementation in line with the objective of the project and UNDP rules, regulations and procedures is critical to ensure achievement of UNDP country programme outcomes. A client oriented and efficient approach has an impact on the image of UNDP Indonesia.
IV. Competencies and Critical Success Factors
Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda
Level 1.2: Ppreparing information for advocacy
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
Level 1.2: Contributes into results through primary research and analysis
Building Strategic Partnerships
Levle 1.2: Maintaining a network of contacts
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
Level 1.2: Enhancing processes or products
Resource Mobilization (Field Duty Stations)
Level 1.2: Providing inputs to resource mobilization strategies
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.2: Basic research and analysis
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.2: Fundamental knowledge of own discipline
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals
Level 1.2: Preparing information for global advocacy
Level 1.2: Establishing effective client relationships
Prince2 training and certification, RMG
Required Skills and Experience
V. Recruitment Qualifications
APPLICANT MUST COMPLETE P11 FORM AND SUBMIT AS PART OF THEIR APPLICATION . Click here to down load the form P11
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement.We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements
ATLAS No: 00063944
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.