1. Project Officer Micro Finance - COFFEE
The Project Officer Micro Finance will be responsible for the component of the COFFEE project that focuses on supporting partner coffee cooperatives in their efforts to offer savings and loans services and to market such services to the coffee farming communities they serve. The work involves assessments to gain a deeper understanding of the perceptions and needs of the cooperatives members with regards to savings and loans and the with regards to the services they receive and would like to receive from the cooperatives, as well as assessments of the cooperatives current capacity level in order to identify capacity building focus areas. As part of this assessment the Project Officer will also acquire understanding of how loans are intended and expected to benefit increased coffee production and improved quality of the coffee delivered to the buyer. s/he will work closely with the M&E Officer to measure impact of the financial services on quantity and quality of coffee production. Furthermore, the Project Officer will focus on capacity building and support to staff of the cooperatives savings and loans facilities in order to ensure the products they offer are efficiently managed and effectively marketed. Lastly the Project Officer will contribute to designing the follow on program and collaborate with the proposal development team.
- University degree in economic or related fields;
- 3-4+ years of field-based community development experience, with a focus on economic development and microfinance;
- Experience in and knowledge of capacity building of microfinance institutions (MFIs, Cooperatives) on design, management of and marketing of savings and loans products;
- Experience in providing financial management training;
- Experience in M&E, including assessments, surveys, capacity measurement and evaluations;
- Experience writing clear and well-structured reports for internal and external use;
- Experience working with wide range of partners including financial institutions, government, private sector
1.Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Mercy Corps Indonesia has a large and dynamic program portfolio. It is essential that the strongest possible systems are in place to support monitoring and evaluation of all these programs and project.
The M&E Specialist will be responsible for helping program teams develop these systems, training staff to use them, and ensuring that they are followed. s/he will serve as a resource for program staff, advising them on program design, developing and implementing M&E plans and systems, gathering and analyzing of baseline and endline data, providing guidance and support with assessments and impact evaluations and facilitating and articulating improved learning within and across the programs. s/he will be the focal point for any country-wide M&E data collection and consolidation as part of the annual planning and reporting process. S/he will also serve as the main point of contact for M&E issues with partners and donors.
- University degree in relevant field;
- At least 7 years relevant professional experience, including at least four years working in M&E for non-governmental organizations working in international relief and development;
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in M&E, including the development and use of log-frames, indicators, M&E plans and systems;
- Possess skills in qualitative and quantities M&E methodologies and techniques;
- Experiences in developing and implementing baseline studies and evaluations;
- Significant experience in training and capacity building;
- Experience with M&E systems of various donors, including USAID, AusAid and EC
- Strong knowledge of computer programs typically used for data management, analysis and reporting (e.g. Excel, Access, SPSS/STATA or others);
- Excellent communication skills both in English and Bahasa Indonesia
Please send your CV with position applied on the email subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy will be closed 9 March 2014 and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.