POSITION TITLE: CRP Agriculture Livelihoods Coordinator
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Associate Director, with frequent communication to President of Board of Directors
This position will lead, plan, monitor and manage JMD’s sustainable livelihoods program in Aceh province, primarily in conjunction with Flora & Fauna International’s (FFI) Community Ranger Training Program (CRP) component under the World Bank’s Consolidating Peaceful Development in Aceh (CPDA) program, and in line with JMD’s mission and vision. The CRP Agriculture Livelihoods Coordinator will develop relationships with local and international donors and partners, formulating strategies and goals for JMD’s livelihoods components.
He/she will recruit, supervise, train and monitor field staff who are assisting communities in remote and diverse areas of the province, providing technical guidance and acting as liaison between community leaders, field representatives, and JMD management staff.
PRIMARY PROJECT OVERVIEW
JMD’s sustainable livelihoods component of the CRP will cover 14 mukim in 6 districts in the Ulu Masen forest area (Aceh Besar, Aceh Jaya, Aceh Barat, Pidie, Pidie Jaya and Bireun. The objective of the CRP is to improve the socio-economic welfare of 280 at-risk youth through skills training and sustainable employment. The project consists of assisting 14 new Community Ranger teams (20 people per team), who are trained by FFI to conduct patrols, human-wildlife conflict mitigation, etc.). JMD is responsible for conducting community outreach, peer training,
technical skills training, and the development of sustainable livelihoods sub-grant projects for each of the target areas.
· Supervise team of field officers, providing leadership as they work with CR (Community Ranger) teams in the development of livelihoods) to augment their income
· Provide training and guidance to field staff, beneficiaries and community members in all aspects of sustainable and conservation-based agriculture/livestock initiatives, development of multi-staged work plans with accompanying budgets and monitoring and evaluation indicators, developing relationship with key stakeholders and district/local representatives, and community outreach/case management that includes group facilitation and peer mentoring
· Coordinate with local and community leaders, relevant stakeholders (government and non-government) and FFI team members regarding the socializing of the livelihoods project and the sub-grant scheme.
· Oversee the production of both CR teams reports as well as field staff reports, and be responsible for synthesizing this information into an organized qualitative and quantitative summary to be submitted to JMD management at quarterly intervals at minimum.
· Provide guidance and advice to FFI regarding sub-grant appropriateness as indicated by JMD field staff, and timeline for release of appropriate sub-grant funds
· Represent JMD at the program level externally and to act as the strategic relationship holder with partners and authorities.
· Capture experience and lessons learned from the project work and feed this information back into the wider agency.
SCOPE OF DUTIES
· Develop, train, evaluate and manage a team of field in several locations throughout the province
· Provide comprehensive training to staff, beneficiaries, implementing partners, and government department representatives as required. Identify and address key training needs of staff.
· Manage fiscal component of the project including budgets and funding win accordance with JMD’s fiscal policies, including receipts, cash flow, timesheets, maintenance of equipment, expenditures, ToRs, reports, etc. to ensure good stewardship of all JMD resources
· Identify and resolve any financial issues within the project in accordance with JMD procedures.
· Identify and actively promote opportunities to build the capacity of beneficiaries, and to promote the sustainability of their community initiatives/subgrants.
· Develop a monitoring and evaluation strategy and monitor the impact of the project based this strategy, using this information to support decision making and promote learning. This will include regular reviews as appropriate.
· Make recommendations to JMD management for appropriate initiatives relating to the project such as media communications/publicity, advocacy, etc.
· Travel frequently to field sites connected with management of the sustainable livelihoods project, conducting staff training, facilitating and observing staff/beneficiary meetings and discussions, reviewing project/subgrant planning, monitoring project progress, etc.
· Represent JMD as required with representatives from FFI and other donors/strategic partners, local/provincial representatives and agriculture department/ministry heads
· Ensure compliance of program/ projects to agreements, MOUs and regulations
This position may be required to carry out other reasonable duties and responsibilities from time to time in agreement with JMD management staff.
· Ability to integrate climate change information and disaster reduction strategies into an agricultural and income generation program
· An understanding of the importance of gender and diversity in humanitarian and development work
· Ability to identify and mitigate security risks and manage staff security in accordance with organizational policy
· Ability to deliver work effectively within the context of an agreed program framework, using appropriate reporting and monitoring/evaluation tools
· Ability to manage and monitor budgets, including complex multi-donor budgets and related reporting requirements
· Ability and willingness to travel, often at short notice and to remote areas with minimal amenities and possible hazardous weather and other natural conditions
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* University degree or equivalent in environmental science, or natural resource management
* At least 5 years’ experience in agriculture, conservation-based initiatives, natural resource management and community-based development
* Background in project management, preferably in the management of large and small-scale agricultural projects, with a focus on rural livelihood systems including markets and trade.
* Experience in provision of technical support to sustainable livelihoods, particularly in Aceh or an area with similar context and agricultural systems.
* Agricultural engineering background highly desirable, with extensive experience in field-based supervision, monitoring, training and evaluation.
* Strong supervision, training, coordination, M&E, reporting, team-building and communications skills are essential.
* Must be fluent in both Indonesian and English; fluency in Acehnese highly desirable.
* Knowledge of environmental protection and conservation-based initiatives in Aceh, specifically in the area of the Ulu Masen protected forest;
* Familiar with the principles of DRR (Disaster Risk Reduction) and addressing climate change.
* Negotiation, conflict management, and networking capabilities essential
* Computer skills
This will be a management position and proven experience at the head of a substantial project is therefore required
The starting salary for this position is 4,000,000-7,500,000/monthly depending upon qualifications. Additional steps may be awarded for specific expertise.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are due by Monday, February 13, 2011. To apply, please send a full CV (including salary history) together with a supporting statement, briefly highlighting your experience and skills against the requirements of the role, email@example.com
. Please cc Sarah Henderson, President of the JMD Board of Directors, at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Due to the volume of emails received, only finalists will be contacted. For inquiries please email@example.com
Lowongan Yayasan Jembatan Masa Depan
by LOWONGAN KERJA ACEH , at 2:00 PM , has 0 comments
Lowongan Yayasan Jembatan Masa Depan - written by LOWONGAN KERJA ACEH , published at 2:00 PM, categorized as Aceh , Aceh Barat , Aceh Besar , Aceh Jaya , Banda Aceh , Bireuen , NGO , Pidie , Pidie Jaya , Yayasan Jembatan Masa Depan . And has 0 comments